Curing #DIV/0!????

  1. #1
    Forum Expert Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    locked in the cage
    MS-Off Ver
    All the ones my homepage shows
    Posts
    3,161

    Curing #DIV/0!????

    Hi,

    Can anyone tell me how to cure the div/o fault on my spread sheet when no value is found......just to tidy things up?

    Thanks,

    Simon

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Curing #DIV/0!????

    Simon,
    Either test for the 0 value first [=IF(Whatever=0,,,,,]
    or test the result for the error [=IF(ISERROR(Whatever),,,,

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: Curing #DIV/0!????

    Use iserror eg

    =if(iserror(a1/b1),"",a1/b1)

    Regards
    Rowan

  4. #4
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: Curing #DIV/0!????

    =if(denom=0,"Zero Denominator",numer/denom)

    Where denom is the range of the denominator and numer is the range of the
    numerator
    --
    http://HelpExcel.com
    1-888-INGENIO

  5. #5
    Forum Expert Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    locked in the cage
    MS-Off Ver
    All the ones my homepage shows
    Posts
    3,161
    Thanks for your replies, Rowan's reply seemed the most straight forward (i'm on nights and brain isnt working too well!) the only problem i have now is that if i use that formula all my percentages now show as a decimal i.e 3% is now 0.0314.

    Is there a tweak for this?

    Thanks again,

    Simon.

  6. #6
    Rowan
    Guest

    Re: Curing #DIV/0!????

    Have you formatted the cells as Percentage?

  7. #7

    Re: Curing #DIV/0!????

    If it is simply to pretty up the look rather than to remove the fault try
    a conditional format
    formula is =ISERROR(A1) and set the format so the text matches the
    background colour.

    hth RES

  8. #8
    Forum Expert Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    locked in the cage
    MS-Off Ver
    All the ones my homepage shows
    Posts
    3,161
    Sorry to all!

    As i said brain isnt working!!! ..........format cells!........it was a no brainer!

    Simon