Time formulation?

  1. #1

    Time formulation?

    I am trying to figure time worked on a daily basis. I have done this formula before, but have forgotten how to complete it.

    My times look like (2nd shift hours)
    3:30 PM
    12:30 AM
    The formula needs to calculate hours worked greater than 5.5 to take out 1/2 hour lunch, and hours worked less than 5.5 to calculate total hours with no lunch. We do not clock in and out for lunch breaks, it is an automatic deduction, but somebody has earased my formula.

    Please help!!

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Time formulation?

    One way:

    A1: <start time>
    B1: <end time>
    C1: =MOD(B1-A1,1) - (MOD(B1-A1,1)>TIME(5,30,1))/48

    Note, the 1 second in TIME(5,30,1) should prevent any rounding errors
    from inadvertently taking off a lunch period at exactly 5.5 hours,
    assuming you only enter time in hours and minutes.