Linking two cells

  1. #1

    Linking two cells

    Hi,

    I have two cells in two different worksheets. One cell is referenced by a range variable called wagNDCell. The second cell is referenced by a different range variable called wagDetCell. I would like to link wagDetCell to wagNDCell, so I tried wagDetCell.Formula = wagNDCell but that didn't work because wagNDCell returns the value of the cell. How do I create this link? Thanks in advance.

    Raman

  2. #2
    Simon Letten
    Guest

    RE: Linking two cells

    Use the Set keyword:
    Set wagDetCell = wagNDCell
    will mean that wagDetCell references the same cell as wagNDCell
    --
    Thanks

    Simon

  3. #3
    That will change the location of wagDetCell though. I would just like the value of the cell represented by wagDetCell to be determined by the value of the cell represented by wagNDCell. I would like to have an actual link there so that if the value of wagNDCell changes, so does the value of wagDetCell. Sorry for the misunderstanding, and thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Raman325; 08-17-2005 at 01:30 PM.

  4. #4
    After searching Google for a while, I finally found the following snippet of code at http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=4303

    This code allows me to get the column letter based on the column number so I can use the Column and Row property of wagNDCell to determine the cell name. Thanks agian for your help.

  5. #5
    Simon Letten
    Guest

    Re: Linking two cells

    You could also use this:
    wagDetCell.Formula="=" & wagNDCell.Address(External:=True)
    --

    Simon

  6. #6
    Ah, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your help, I like that one better.