Illustrator to Excel

  1. #1
    hanawakun
    Guest

    Illustrator to Excel

    I have got some floor plan layouts which created in AutoCAD. Since it is
    allowed to export as EPS / AI, as I am not familiar with AutoCAD, then I do
    some updating and saved as AI format. The floor plan are boxes and lines just
    like we can do in Excel. However, I can't copy them to Excel as Excel
    creation but it comes out as a graphic. Are there any way copy and paste as
    Excel Drawing? Or, I have to draw all boxes and lines in Excel again if I
    need to?

  2. #2
    Dodo
    Guest

    Re: Illustrator to Excel

    =?Utf-8?B?aGFuYXdha3Vu?= <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I have got some floor plan layouts which created in AutoCAD. Since it
    > is allowed to export as EPS / AI, as I am not familiar with AutoCAD,
    > then I do some updating and saved as AI format. The floor plan are
    > boxes and lines just like we can do in Excel. However, I can't copy
    > them to Excel as Excel creation but it comes out as a graphic. Are
    > there any way copy and paste as Excel Drawing? Or, I have to draw all
    > boxes and lines in Excel again if I need to?

    Excel is not typically a drawing program. But, you can insert any picture
    in Excel which you export from other programs. That picture then is fixed.

    If you really want to make a floorplan in Excel, there are some drawing
    tools (line, square/rectangle, circle/ellipse, arrow) and various other
    shapes available in Excel (AutoShapes from Insert/Picture).
    Drawing components can be grouped to fix them.

    If other shapes are required, you have to find and insert them as picture
    or clipart.

    --

    It is I, DeauDeau
    (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

  3. #3
    hanawakun
    Guest

    Re: Illustrator to Excel

    Tks. Dodo.

    However, I just wonder if the file we done in Illustrator can export as the
    drawing in Excel since we would like to have hyperlink to another file on
    some boxes. Please advise. Thanks.

  4. #4
    Dodo
    Guest

    Re: Illustrator to Excel

    =?Utf-8?B?aGFuYXdha3Vu?= <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > However, I just wonder if the file we done in Illustrator can export
    > as the drawing in Excel since we would like to have hyperlink to
    > another file on some boxes. Please advise. Thanks.

    I don't know if I understand you correctly, so if not then please correct me!

    In AI you can File/Export to many different formats.
    Either .PNG or .JPG would be flexible choices.
    Insert the picture in Excel and drag it to the location/size you need.

    And then, what would you like to do?
    Add boxes over the drawing with hyperlinks?

  5. #5
    Netherlands Waddinxveen
    My two cents........

    Learn a bit of autocad,
    add Line, Mtext, Rectangle, Circle, Elipse as you need.
    and export to a WMF or bitmap.
    you are doing Acad things in Excel and Illustrator!
    please invest in yourself Acad isn't that hard to learn for simple things.

  6. #6
    hanawakun
    Guest

    Re: Illustrator to Excel

    Dear Dodo and Dnereb,

    Thanks for your sharing. Actually, my problem is ... I have created some
    boxes and lines in AI. And I want to copy all boxes and lines to Excel (copy
    all and paste to Excel directly without save). Then, in Excel, I can have
    those boxes something like I created in Excel. That means, I don't need to
    create the same boxes and lines again in Excel if I want to have hyperlinks
    on some boxes. Just like click and link to another file / URL / data. Of
    course, if I wrote some VBA programs, all problems are solved. However, I am
    not stationed to write VBA programs as not too many people familiar with
    programming. So, are there any method to do copy and paste as creation in
    Excel or some options I have to set. As we know, we can convert Excel to PDF
    by Adobe. Please advise if you have any software / options I should have
    rather than create again in Excel (Drawing the same boxes and lines again in
    Excel). Thanks.