CONCATENATE problem with blank cells

  1. #1

    CONCATENATE problem with blank cells

    I need to merge columns A and B, but some cells are blank, so I can't copy the formula down the 3rd column...it stops at the 1st blank

    a1 Frank Smith
    a2 blank
    a3 blank
    a4 Bill Jones

    b2 blank
    b2 sally
    b3 billie
    b4 blank

    HELP?

  2. #2
    Paul Black
    Guest

    Re: CONCATENATE problem with blank cells

    Hi Roger,

    You could Concatenate the Cells in Columns "A" & "B" Using the
    Following Formula Entered into Cell "C1" and Copying Down :-
    =CONCATENATE(A1,B1)
    OR
    =A1&B1

    Hope this Helps.