MapPoint Optimization

  1. #1
    mak
    Guest

    MapPoint Optimization

    I have MapPoint 2004 and Excel 2000. I have a list of addresses for a
    route in Excel that I want to import into MapPoint and then optimize
    the route stops. I know I can import and show the addresses on a map,
    but how do I optimize them???
    thanks for your help,
    mak

  2. #2

    MapPoint Optimization Reply to Thread

    Once the addresses have been imported and are visible on the map, click and drag to select all of the data points and right click. Select "add pushpins as stops". This will add each address as a stop on the Route Planner tool. Then view the Route Planner tool -- click the little red car. At the bottom of that tool is an "Optimize Stops" function.

    This function can take awhile depending upon the number and locations of the addresses you wish to optimize.

    Oh, and you'll want to be sure to select your own Start and End (first and last addresses).

    Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: MapPoint Optimization

    Call the Optimize method of the Waypoints collection. This will
    create an optimized Route object in the map.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    mak
    Guest

    Re: MapPoint Optimization

    Thanks for your help - NOW I understand!
    mak