Auto complete?

  1. #1
    MNicholas
    Guest

    Auto complete?

    Never really delved all that much into Excel before - not to this level any
    way so I’m hopeing someone can hold my hand through this. It should be an
    easy one for someone:
    I am trying to design a simple order form. If I enter a product code into
    column A, I want it to fill in the product description, pack size and price,
    in columns B, C & D leaving me just to fill in the total quantity in column E.

    Then at the end, it should just have a list of the products my customer has
    ordered in a nice printable page for the sales dept to process. (I can
    probably do the aesthetics and simple calculations)

    Hope this makes sense.

    Kind Regards.

  2. #2

    Re: Auto complete?

    This should get you started...using simple vlookups, referencing a table of all product codes and associated info, you can do this fairly simply.

    I used the if(isblank()) formulas to keep the page clear if nothing is selected.

    Let me know if you need more help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Excel_Geek
    http://blog.excelgeek.com/

    "...I'll do that in Excel for $50..."

  3. #3
    JethroUK©
    Guest

    Re: Auto complete?

    You will first need a data sheet listing all the products you have:

    Code - Desc - Pack - Price

    Then on your order form sheet use VLookup function for the Desc - Pack -
    Price columns based on whichever code you type in

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    MNicholas
    Guest

    Re: Auto complete?

    Just a quick line to say Thank You! With your very kind help, and the use of
    a tutorial randomly found at
    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...cle.asp?ID=446 I have done
    it.

    Thanks again JethroUK© & Excel_Geek.