How do I convert a number of minutes into hours and minutes?

  1. #1
    gyrkin
    Guest

    How do I convert a number of minutes into hours and minutes?

    I need to convert a number stated in minutes into a format that reflects
    Hours and minutes.
    As an example: 722 minutes = 12 hrs 2 mins

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert a number of minutes into hours and minutes?

    Use a formula like

    =A1/24/60

    and format the cell for Time.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert a number of minutes into hours and minutes?

    Hi!

    Divide by 1440 and format the cell as [h]:mm

    A1 = 722
    B1 = =A1/1440
    Format B1 as [h]:mm

    To do it in place: