multiple page printing

  1. #1
    Scudo
    Guest

    multiple page printing

    On a spreadsheet due to the size of it takes 5 pages to print it off.
    Currently I `set` each page as a print area then print so I have to do this
    5 times in order to print off the full spreadsheet page. Is there a way to
    press `print` and it will print off the 5 pre set `print areas` ? without me
    having to go throught the `set print area` / `print`/`clear print area` then
    reset for next section.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Scudo
    On a spreadsheet due to the size of it takes 5 pages to print it off.
    Currently I `set` each page as a print area then print so I have to do this
    5 times in order to print off the full spreadsheet page. Is there a way to
    press `print` and it will print off the 5 pre set `print areas` ? without me
    having to go throught the `set print area` / `print`/`clear print area` then
    reset for next section.

    thanks
    Hi Scudo

    Try View > Page Break View
    Paul

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: multiple page printing

    Is there some reason you can't set the entire print range at once? Are the 5
    ranges discontiguous?

    If that's the problem, name each of the 5 ranges, something like Page1,
    Page2, etc. Then go to File -> Page Setup and navigate to the Sheet tab. In
    the Print Area box type all the range names separated by commas:

    page1, page2, page3, page4, page5

    Now each range will print on a separate page.

  4. #4
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: multiple page printing

    Have you tried View|Page Break View and set page breaks? Set print area to
    cover all the material needed to print
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Scudo
    Guest

    Re: multiple page printing

    I will try to sort on info you have given.

    Reason for 5 pages is that the five sections relate to monday - friday and I
    want each day seperate, its nothing complicated just names and addresses so
    no formulas or anything.

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Scudo
    Guest

    Re: multiple page printing

    Stoll not getting this, spreadsheet only appears to accept one page break, I
    know its me not setting it correctly,
    Any advice please.
    thanks

  7. #7
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: multiple page printing

    Scudo

    Can you sort the entire range by the column with day of week?

    If so, you could then manually insert a page break at each change of day.

    Or run this macro which looks at Column A after it is sorted and inserts a
    page break at a change in data.

    Sub InsertBreaks()
    Set Rng = Range(Cells(2, 1), _
    Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))