Changing number precision of a trendline equation

  1. #1

    Changing number precision of a trendline equation

    I want to change the number precision in the trendline equation in a embeddded chart. How can I do that? I would like higher number precision in a trendline equation.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Changing number precision of a trendline equation

    Double click on the formula, and on the Number tab change the format. It is often
    suggested to use a Scientific format with 15 decimal digits.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3

    Changing number precision of a trendline equation using VBA

    Thanks Jon.

    I could figure out in excel. But I cannot find a way of changing the number precision of a trendline equation to Scientific using VBA. It is crucial for my project.

    thanks,

    harsh

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Changing number precision of a trendline equation

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:48:06 -0500, Harsh_Shah
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks Jon.
    >
    >I could figure out in excel. But I cannot find a way of changing the
    >number precision of a trendline equation to Scientific using VBA. It is
    >crucial for my project.
    >
    >thanks,
    >
    >harsh

    A few years ago, Dave Braden posted VBA code to extract the data from a
    trendline equation. You should be able to adapt this to your project.

    See:

    http://www.google.com/groups?selm=db....microsoft.com

    If you have a recent version of Excel, 2003+, you may find that the LINEST
    function is good enough for your tasks, too.

    --ron

  5. #5
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Changing number precision of a trendline equation

    Turn on the macro recorder, then carry out the steps you want to automate. Recorded
    code isn't particularly efficient, but it will at least give you the syntax.

    - Jon
    -------