How do I set a custom page size in Excel

  1. #1
    Ben Swift
    Guest

    How do I set a custom page size in Excel

    I have the US version of MS Office 2003, but I'm now living in Japan where
    they use metric size papers. This is fine if I want to use B5/A4/A5 size
    paper, but what I'm looking for is B4 or A1 or some of those other sized
    papers. Why won't Excel let me set custom page size dimensions since it
    doesn't have a preset for these sizes?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Ben,

    I usually set my current printer to one that has the paper size required, then the sheet size is simply selected from there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Swift

  3. #3
    Ben Swift
    Guest

    Re: How do I set a custom page size in Excel

    I'm not sure I follow exactly. I have an Okidata 14e, which supports those
    metric page sizes, but I'm not sure what you mean by setting the printer to
    use one of those paper sizes? I may be missing your point.

    Ben

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Hi Ben,

    I just installed the driver for the 14e, after re-reading your questoin. To set a papersize the system follws the print device, and not manyy printers can print odd size paper, so only standard sizes are generally available. Adobe PDFWriter (and probably any .pdf printer/writer) are printers that will accept custom sizes, though I'm not sure many standard printers will.

    A printer such as the Electrasoft NT Print to Fax shows a wide variety of paper options.

    "Bryan Hessey" wrote:

    > Ben,
    >
    > I usually set my current printer to one that has the paper size
    > required, then the sheet size is simply selected from there.
    >

    > Ben Swift Wrote:
    > > I have the US version of MS Office 2003, but I'm now living in Japan
    > > where
    > > they use metric size papers. This is fine if I want to use B5/A4/A5
    > > size
    > > paper, but what I'm looking for is B4 or A1 or some of those other
    > > sized
    > > papers. Why won't Excel let me set custom page size dimensions since
    > > it
    > > doesn't have a preset for these sizes?

    > --
    > Bryan Hessey
    > Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21059
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398032

    Last edited by Bryan Hessey; 08-23-2005 at 07:33 AM.