Problem with Macro/Protected Sheet

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2019 Enterprise

    Problem with Macro/Protected Sheet

    Hello, I am having a small problem. I used to have a macro called "VerifyJobs" on my sheet which I deleted but when I protect this sheet (Only one column is actually locked) i am unable to click on a cell without it trying to call this macro and getting an error, i am not even clicking on a cell in the locked range. Does anyone know why this is happening?

    Thanks for any help

    John

  2. #2
    mike
    Guest

    Re: Problem with Macro/Protected Sheet

    One possibility: Sheets have events one of which is SheetChange.
    Perhaps the sheet is responding to one of these events and is calling
    VerifyJobs. Open up the VB Editor and select the sheet to view any code
    it may contain.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2019 Enterprise
    unfortunately I have already thought of that and there is no code on the sheet. thanks for your reply though

  4. #4
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    Re: Problem with Macro/Protected Sheet

    In VBE use
    Edit>find "VerifyJobs"

    although you deleted the sub
    somewhere else in your project you have a line calling it and the find
    should point you at it.
    if this does not work use the same search on every open workbook in the VBE
    since you may have put something in Personal.xla or some other open book.

    MZ Tools lso has a nice tool for finding loose code.
    google search "VBA MZ Tools" and try free download