difference between two dates

  1. #1

    difference between two dates

    I would like to know how to have one cell contain the Today() function and another cell contain a "date" in the future, where yet another cell will calculate how many days left until the future date.

    I am getting results like 08/09/1900. All I want is a number

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: difference between two dates

    Change the number format of the result cell to General.

    Regards
    Rowan

  3. #3
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: difference between two dates

    In Cell A1 enter 11/27/2005 (Format, Cell, Date)
    In Cell B1 enter =today() (Format, Cell, Date)
    In Cell C1 enter =a1-b1 (Format, Cell, General)
    Cell C1 should show 95 (at least today, 8/24).
    HTH

    news:[email protected]...