+ Reply to Thread

Changing a Link Mid-way Across Worksheets

Changing a Link Mid-way Across Worksheets

I have a workbook with 12 sheets in it representing the Months of the year. On each worksheet on Column A, there are 4 grocery store names & store numbers, 3 empty cells, then 4 more grocery store names followed by 3 empty cells. This pattern continues down the column until you have about 12 grocery stores showing and 9 empty cells total. This is only columns, no rows were added yet.

The worksheet is starting with 4 grocery store names and numbers now, but will eventually have two more grocery store names and numbers added later on.

On the first worksheet labeled January on the first Column A, the first 6 cells will be Store#1, Store#2, Store#13, Store#94, Store#95, Store#106. I want to link cells A1 through A6 to the next six cells below (skipping one cell to separate the groups). So cells A8 through A13 will have whatever is typed into A1 thru A6. Simple copy & paste special & paste link. Right? And I want this to link to the other worksheets, so I simply go to the other worksheet's column A and enter an equal sign to link worksheet one cells. So whatever store I type in worksheet 1 labeled January, will be on all the worksheets.

Okay.

Now this pattern continues to June or the 6th worksheet. Now the problem starts when I have to add a totally different store name and number. In the June or 6th worksheet, cell A5 needs to change to Store#2323. But if you recall, worksheet 1 already has the name Store#95. I also know that in August or the 8th worksheet, I will be changing the name again to Store#5656.

How can I link all the worksheets so that when I change the store name & number mid-way, it will populate the rest of the worksheets from there on. For example, Store#95 changes to Store#2323 in June, but for the months of Jan-July, Store#95 populates. In June, Store#2323 is in and populate the worksheets June-July. In August, Store#5656 will be named for the remainder worksheets Aug-Dec.

A special thank you in advance for reading this far. This was the only way I could explain the type of linking problem I have. I'm open to any solutions you may have.

I attached a sample of the spreedsheet "Changing_a_Link_Midway.xls" in .zip format. The links I created were removed and the areas of change were marked.

Frosty
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Frosty; 08-25-2005 at 01:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information