Formulas

  1. #1
    Jesse13579
    Guest

    Formulas

    Ok, I use to have a spreadsheet that would self populate data from an
    attached spreadsheet. The way it worked is that I had one spreadsheet that
    contained data and another that was a form. Basically it was set up so that
    I could enter the row number from the data spreadsheet on the from
    spreadsheet and it would fill in the form with the appropriate data. Now I
    need to set up another spreadsheet the same way, but I can't seem to remember
    the formula. Is there anyone out there that does something like this. I
    would greatly appreciate any help.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse13579
    Ok, I use to have a spreadsheet that would self populate data from an
    attached spreadsheet. The way it worked is that I had one spreadsheet that
    contained data and another that was a form. Basically it was set up so that
    I could enter the row number from the data spreadsheet on the from
    spreadsheet and it would fill in the form with the appropriate data. Now I
    need to set up another spreadsheet the same way, but I can't seem to remember
    the formula. Is there anyone out there that does something like this. I
    would greatly appreciate any help.
    Hi Jesse

    In the form click on the cell you want to populate, type =, go to the dataspreadsheet and click on the cell with the data you want, press Enter

    Now if you cange the data sheet the form will change with it
    Paul

  3. #3
    Jesse13579
    Guest

    Re: Formulas

    I greatly appreciate the help, but what I'm looking for is a formula that
    will self populate the form for me. The way the old spreadsheets were set up
    was that I had one that was the form and the other was the data spreadsheet.
    The colums were all labeled with titles such as item number, date, min, max
    and so forth. Each row was a different item. On the form spreadsheet I had
    tied certain cells to the data spreadsheet using the formula I can't seem to
    remember. I had a preset cell on the form sheet that when I put a number in
    the cell on the form spreadsheet (that corresponded with a row number on the
    data spreadsheet) it would populate the form with the information from one
    item from the data spreadsheet. I just can't remember what the formula was.
    I would greatly appreciate any help.

    Thanks,
    J.Lee