[SOLVED] Sharing File on server

  1. #1
    browie
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Sharing File on server

    Is it possible to have a network use the same file at the same time and all
    changes saved to the 1 file. I am writing a database so 7 people can use it
    at my workplace but the problem is that if only 1 person can access it at a
    certain time I will have to rethink my stratergy.

    Thanks

    Greg

  2. #2

    Yes of course

    It is a built in function of MS Access. No need to do anything special. What is the problem in implementing this?

  3. #3
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Sharing File on server

    You can share workbooks, but there are limitations.
    See:
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    William Benson
    Guest

    Re: Sharing File on server

    I am guessing he is creating a database in Excel, not Access.

    So, why can't you save it as a Shared Workbook?
    Tools - Share Workbook, click "Allow changes ..." on the Editing tab.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    browie
    Guest

    Re: Sharing File on server

    Yeah thanks for that, I looked throught the options and found it. Feel like
    a bit of a twit.

    Thanks for your help

    Greg
    news:%[email protected]...