sort rows in alphabetical order and move the corresponding data

  1. #1
    lianeanddave
    Guest

    sort rows in alphabetical order and move the corresponding data

    i have 100 rows and i have i have 8 columns 1 with newspaper name 6 with
    dates that we are missing the voucher copy for and 1 with supplier name i
    need to put the supplier name into alphabetical order but i need it to move
    the newspaper name and date columns as well so that they all will be correct
    if anyone can help asap i would be most grateful many thanks

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by lianeanddave
    i have 100 rows and i have i have 8 columns 1 with newspaper name 6 with
    dates that we are missing the voucher copy for and 1 with supplier name i
    need to put the supplier name into alphabetical order but i need it to move
    the newspaper name and date columns as well so that they all will be correct
    if anyone can help asap i would be most grateful many thanks
    Hi lianeanddave

    Highlight all the data columns A - H(assuming data to be in columns A - H) , the Data > Sort > In the sort by select Column H or if the columns have headers the name associated with column H, check the Ascending box and click OK
    Paul

  3. #3
    Ken Hudson
    Guest

    RE: sort rows in alphabetical order and move the corresponding data

    Hi,
    If your data is in columns A through H, highlight cell A1.
    Go to Data > Sort...
    All cells with data should be highlighted.
    In the "Sort by" drop down box select column H and the data should sort on
    the eighth column with the rest of the data following it.
    Does that answer your question?

    --
    Ken Hudson

  4. #4
    Scott
    Guest

    RE: sort rows in alphabetical order and move the corresponding data

    First, highlight the entire section of the spreadsheet that contains your
    list. Then, click on the "Data" drop down box and you will see an option
    called "Sort". Click on that and a box will pop up that will give you
    options as to which column to sort by. Choose the Supplier Name column to
    sort by and click on the "Ok" button and your list will be sorted
    alphabetically by supplier name.

    --
    Scott