Sort Legend Entries

  1. #1

    Sort Legend Entries

    Is there a way to sort the legend entries using VBA? .Legend.LegendEntries does not seem to have any sorting properties. I want them alphabetically sorted from top to bottom. Possible?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Sort Legend Entries

    Legend Entries are sortable only to the extent that you can change the order of the
    series within the chart. If all series are the same type (i.e., line or column) and
    on the same axis (primary), and if the series are not stacked, you can do this by
    changing the series plot order; double click any series, and on the series order
    tab, rearrange the series as required.

    You will find that different series types in a combination chart only sort within
    their group, but area series for example always plot first, and XY series always
    plot last, and other types line up according to type.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services