SUMPRODUCT Question...

  1. #1

    SUMPRODUCT Question...

    I think a quick question here...

    I have a rather lengthy SUMPRODUCT formula that I want to leave a blank cell if the product of my criteria is zero. Is there a way to do this? It seems to me that I have seen folks post here about a IFISERROR or something like that, but I thought that was to return a blank in VLOOKUP #N/A result. This is pretty similar but I can't seem to figure out how to get it done.

    Thanks,

    PZan

  2. #2

    RE:SUMPRODUCT Question...

    What if you wrap the formula in an =IF... and if it equals zero, make the cell "" (two quotes with no space in the middle).

    I.e. =IF(SUMPRODUCT(...)=0,"",SUMPRODUCT(...))
    Excel_Geek
    http://blog.excelgeek.com/

    "...I'll do that in Excel for $50..."

  3. #3
    Forum Guru
    North America
    MS-Off Ver
    2002/XP and 2007
    Posts
    15,881
    Do you need the cell's value to be "" or would an appropriate number format to hide 0 values be adequate? Something like Format -> Cells -> Number -> Custom Number format -> [format code for <0];;[format code for >0] would leave all zero values appearing empty.

  4. #4
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: SUMPRODUCT Question...

    Try custom formatting your cell...

    Format > Cells > Number > Custom > Type: 0;-0;;@

    Hope this helps!

    In article <[email protected]>,
    PokerZan <[email protected]>

  5. #5
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: SUMPRODUCT Question...

    Note that the underlying value for the cell will be 0.