Hide Personal Macro in VBA Project Explorer

  1. #1

    Smile Hide Personal Macro in VBA Project Explorer

    Although I hide the perosnal macro workbook in Excel, it still appear in the VBA project explorer.

    How to hide it in the VBA project explorer as well ?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Rob Bovey
    Guest

    Re: Hide Personal Macro in VBA Project Explorer

    "DavidGold" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > Although I hide the perosnal macro workbook in Excel, it still appear in
    > the VBA project explorer.
    > How to hide it in the VBA project explorer as well ?

    Hi David,

    There's no way to hide a standard Excel workbook like Personal.xls
    (which is just a hidden workbook, choose Window/Unhide from the Excel menu
    and you'll see it) or add-in from the Visual Basic Editor Project Window.

    --
    Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
    Application Professionals

    * Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
    * Professional Excel Development
    http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

  3. #3
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: Hide Personal Macro in VBA Project Explorer

    You can hide it - but the user can still unhide, the macros will also be
    visible. I use the following method in the workbook open event, to close
    the Personal.xls if there is one.

    ' if user has a personal.wks in xlstart directory - close it!
    Dim wb As Workbook
    For Each wb In Application.Workbooks
    If UCase(wb.Name) = "PERSONAL.XLS" Then
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    wb.Close
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    End If
    Next

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

  4. #4

    Re: Hide Personal Macro in VBA Project Explorer

    You can't hide it, but you could protect it so that it can't be viewed*.

    With that project selected (in the VBE):
    tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab
    give it a nice memorable password (and lock it for viewing)

    *Be aware that this kind of protection can be broken pretty quickly--but it will
    keep the casual user out of your code.