How to Kill Copy-Paste

  1. #1

    How to Kill Copy-Paste

    I have workbooks that are used by groups of 30-40 people.

    Although INSTRUCTION is provided warning about indiscriminate Copy-Paste
    (because Conditional Formatting/Data Validation/etc "travels/gets pasted"), I continue to get calls...."The Spreadsheet is broke".

    I have found how to turn off Drag & Drop.

    Is there any way to turn off Cut & Paste?

  2. #2
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: How to Kill Copy-Paste

    requires a line in VBA as follows:
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    HTH

    "my911" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Tried that

    Jim,

    Thanx for the reply.

    I've tried that in my startup macro.

    It seems that command is not very global or durable.

    Should it work :
    1. In all worksheets?
    2. For all the while that the Workbook is open?

    ...It seems so simple/obvious, but I've not experienced that.

    Am I missing something

  4. #4

    Kill Cut-Paste

    Jim,

    I went back and tried again.
    Here is a segment of my Auto_Open macro
    =====================================

    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    Application.DefaultSaveFormat = xlNormal
    Worksheets("Inputs&Actuals").Activate
    Sheets("Inputs&Actuals").Select
    Range("I6").Select

    CreateWorkbookMenus
    CreateChartMenus

    Application.CellDragAndDrop = False
    ' Added 8-28-05
    Application.CutCopyMode = False

    Company = Range("CompanyName").Value

    Drag and drop IS turned off, but I can still open the 1st (main) worksheet and COPY - PASTE.

    Any more hints?

    Thanx

  5. #5

    Re: How to Kill Copy-Paste

    This is a line of code that has to be run after someone copies/cuts something.
    It's not like .celldraganddrop (a one time thing).

    If you search google for "disable cut copy", you'll find 1000's of hits.

    Here's one:

    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...5386e9731f7a19

    or

    http://snipurl.com/ha1m