+ Reply to Thread

Excel Lookup with If

Excel Lookup with If

Hello,

I have a table that I do lookups on in a worksheet that seems to not work as I expected.

I added another column of source table data that I want to use to do a conditional check, i.e. if value in cell = Y then proceed and read the table data and do a calculation.

I can't seem to get the check to work. I tried to make it an "AND" so that two conditions would have to be met, but that didn't work.

Here's my formula, before and after I added the additional column of data and check.

Before:
    =IF(D53="Synch",(VLOOKUP(B53,PublisherTable!$A:$V,4,FALSE)),IF(D53="Print",(VLOOKUP(B53,PublisherTable!$A:$V,13,FALSE)),IF(D53="Mech",(VLOOKUP(B53,PublisherTable!$A:$V,10,FALSE)),IF(D53="Perf",(VLOOKUP(B53,PublisherTable!$A:$V,7,FALSE)),IF(D53="Master",(VLOOKUP(B53,PublisherTable!$A:$V,7,FALSE)),IF(D53="Services",0%,0%))))))

After:
    =IF(D59="Synch" & K59="NO",(VLOOKUP(B59,PublisherTable!$A:$V,4,FALSE)),IF(D59="Print"& K59="NO",(VLOOKUP(B59,PublisherTable!$A:$V,13,FALSE)),IF(D59="Mech"& K59="NO",(VLOOKUP(B59,PublisherTable!$A:$V,10,FALSE)),IF(D59="Perf"& K59="NO",(VLOOKUP(B59,PublisherTable!$A:$V,7,FALSE)),IF(D59="Master"& K59="NO",(VLOOKUP(B59,PublisherTable!$A:$V,7,FALSE)),IF(D59="Services"& K59="NO",0%,0%))))))

The after does not appear to work, if I change the NO to YES, and there is a match, it doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Victor

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Your use of AND is incorrect

Change your conditional check to: =IF(AND(D59="Synch",K59="No"),now your VLOOKUP,etc,etc

You also have unnecessary brackets enclosing your VLOOKUPS

Instead of (VLOOKUP(blah,blah,blah))

Use VLOOKUP(blah,blah,blah)
    Last edited by Cutter; 08-29-2005 at 05:06 PM.

Have another go using the if and formula

=IF(AND(D59="Synch",K59="NO"),VLOOKUP(B59,PublisherTable!$A:$V,4,FALSE),IF(AND(D59="Print",K59="No"),VLOOKUP(B59,PublisherTable!$A:$V,13,FALSE),IF......

Take care where you put the () brackets
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill Kuunders

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information