Date formula needed

  1. #1
    VDan
    Guest

    Date formula needed

    I need a formula to calculate the date 30 business days from a given date.
    Any help appreciated.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by VDan
    I need a formula to calculate the date 30 business days from a given date.
    Any help appreciated.
    Hi VDan

    Try the Workday Function

    If your date is in cell A1 you can enter in B! the following =WORKDAY(A1,30)

    This can also be adjusted for Holidays
    Paul

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Date formula needed

    Make sure you have the Analysis Toolpak installed (Tools->Addins & make sure
    the Analysis Toolpak is checked).

    Once installed you can use the WORKDAY() function that will do just what you
    want

    From the Help file

    WORKDAY()

    Returns a number that represents a date that is the indicated number of
    working days before or after a date (the starting date). Working days exclude
    weekends and any dates identified as holidays. Use WORKDAY to exclude
    weekends or holidays when you calculate invoice due dates, expected delivery
    times, or the number of days of work performed.

    If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
    load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

  4. #4
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: Date formula needed

    hi,
    assuming your given date is in cell A1, try this.....

    =WORKDAY(A1,30)

    if you want to use diffenent numbers of days, put the number of days in cell
    B1

    =WORKDAY(A1,B1)

    IF you want to go backwards into the past, enter negative days

    adjust the formula to fit your data.

    Regards
    FSt1

  5. #5