Change the color of a cell based on a calculated value

  1. #1

    Change the color of a cell based on a calculated value

    Hello,

    I am putting a simple equation into a cell to return a result in the cell. Is there anyway to make the cell color turn a color ("green") when a specific value is calculated?

    For example, the calcuation is doing a percent calcuation. I want the cell color to be green if the percentage is greater than 50% and red in color when the percentage value is below 50%...Any advice??

    This is the calculation that I have in the cell: =(C4-D4)/((C4+D4)/2)

    Thanks in advance for any advice...

    Mike

  2. #2
    Gary L Brown
    Guest

    RE: Change the color of a cell based on a calculated value

    Use Conditional Formatting.
    HTH,
    --
    Gary Brown