HELP!! Linked Cells

  1. #1

    Vb Help

    Hi everyone I have spent several hours trying to figure out a way to link cells together. Here is basically what I am trying to achieve.

    I have a master sheet with many categories. I have filtered sheets that I basically want to use to reference data from the master as well as update information to the master.

    So basically if I had cell A1 on the master sheet and cell E5 on another, I want the two cells to be treated as one, If I change something in A1 I want it to change on E5 and if I change it on E5 I want it changed on A1, does anyone understand what I am trying to achieve!?

    This is my biggest holdback on my current project, any help will be greatly appreciated.

    -Shaun
    Last edited by shaunvfx; 09-02-2005 at 01:36 PM.

  2. #2
    *BUMP* Pls Help!

  3. #3
    *bump* Need Advice pls

  4. #4
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: HELP!! Linked Cells

    Links are ONE WAY. You can have E5 reflect changes in A1. *OR* you can have
    A1 reflect changes in E5. But you can't do both, at least not with formulas.

    You can do that with VBA code that is triggered when a change is made to the
    worksheet. If that's the route you want to follow, post back with some
    greater detail and people will try to help

  5. #5
    Basically I am setting up a scheduling system using excel. I have thought about using access but the main function of this system is for it to be visually communicative.

    I am scheduling for designers in different territories... I want to be able to schedule these designers by territory and by the master sheet, the problem is, is that all the designers have 2 territories they service and they are all different.

    My idea was to set up a master sheet with all the designers information so that I can look at the data that way, and I also wanted to set up sheets per territory that would also display the same schedule for the designer just in a less visually complex way.

    So say I have 5 territories and 20 designers. I want 6 sheets, 1 master and one for each territory.

    I want to be able to enter information in any of the fields per designer whether that designer services 1-3 territories.... so basically I want to be able to schedule someone in 3 or more different cells on different sheets but have them all linked together.

    Is this possible and can someone give me some advice as to how I would do this?

    -Shaun
    Last edited by shaunvfx; 09-01-2005 at 07:48 PM.

  6. #6
    **Bump** Pls

  7. #7
    Bump Pls Help

  8. #8
    Does anyone know anything about this? I'm losing hope

  9. #9
    Duke Carey

  10. #10
    Duke Carey