+ Reply to Thread

Macro for copying value

Macro for copying value

Hi everybody:
    I am totally illeterate in excel and need some guidence. I have a spreadsheet with 3 pages

1)product
    2)dept_prd
    3)variant

in product page column A is called pf_id the same value in dept_prod is in column B and the same value in variant is in column B.
    Is there a way that when I insert a pf_id in to my product page it inserts it to the other 2 pages automatically and if I delete the samd value it does it from other pages too.

Thanks

If at all possible...........
    Insert a column in the "product" sheet so that all sheets have the same layout.
    select all sheets and enter or delete a value in the product sheet. The same action will happen in the other sheets.

To select all sheets.......right click on the sheet tab and "select all sheets"
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill Kuunders

Thanks Bill:
    The problem is that these 3 sheets can not have the same layout because they are very different the first one has 12 fields the 2dn one 2 and the 3rd one 5 so no matter what I do I can not get it unified. any ideas???

To achieve what you wanted you only have to insert a column in the product sheet. this column will be the a column and the b column will have the product pf_id same as the other two sheets.
    you could hide the inserted column.

Th other way is to have a formula in the b columns of sheet 2 and sheet 3 which will refer back to sheet1 a column.

I.e for example in the sheet dept_prod cell B1 you could enter =product!A1 and extend that down the column.

have fun

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information