Input for TextBox having a mask for date or $ amount

  1. #1

    Smile Input for TextBox having a mask for date or $ amount

    I have a form that I would like to make some TextBox's to be formatted for dates (having a mask for m/d/yy), and then a couple for dollar amounts $X.XX. Can someone please tell how this is done (any where it needs to be put if it is a specific placement).

    I've tried:

    CRF_Form.TextBox1.Value = Format(Date, "m/d/yy")

    I've seen other people trying this (it doesn't change the data when entering in the data though).

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: Input for TextBox having a mask for date or $ amount

    Excel's textbox doesn't support this kind of masking.

    You can apply the format when you leave the textbox, though--like with the code
    you showed.

    But for the date stuff...

    You might want to take a look at Ron de Bruin's site for some tips/code/free
    calendar control:
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

  3. #3
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: Input for TextBox having a mask for date or $ amount

    http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/

    calendar popup to assure date format is best way to go