comment indicator changing the color or hiding the indicators

  1. #1
    Giovanni
    Guest

    comment indicator changing the color or hiding the indicators

    How can I change the red triangle to a clear triangle so it will not show up
    in the document. I still want the comment to pop up when i click on that
    cell. I just do not want the indicator to show.

  2. #2
    D Hilberg
    Guest

    Re: comment indicator changing the color or hiding the indicators

    You can't do it so easily. There is a workaround:

    Tools|Options|View, set Comments to "None".
    To read a comment, RIGHT-click on the cell and choose "Edit Comment".
    (When done reading comment, click somewhere else, or hit Escape twice.)

    The comment will not appear when you pass your cursor over the cell;
    you have to know which cell to right-click.

    - David

  3. #3
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    One way to do it would be to make a small rectangle from the drawing toolbar.
    Format it with no lines and same fill colour as the cell.
    Fit it over the comment indicator and size it so that it's just big enough to hide it.

    Once you've done the first one you can copy it into the other cells containing comments.