Changing Color Pallette ?

  1. #1

    Changing Color Pallette ?

    Was wondering if anyone can help me with changing the standard colors from the color pallette. I was told it can be done but the source had no idea how
    Any help is greatly appreciated
    Thanks ,,, Bob

  2. #2

    Re: Changing Color Pallette ?

    First, colors are stored in each workbook--changing workbookA won't affect
    existing workbookB's colors.

    Tools|options|color tab
    Change the colors as much as you like.

    Excel only supports 56 different colors--even though you can choose from lots
    more (billions and billions????) by clicking the modify button.

    ===
    But you can create a workbook that will be used as a template for any new
    workbook.

    Start up a new workbook.
    Change the colors to what you want.
    (also the page layout and anything else you want.)

    File|SaveAs
    Save as type: Template (*.xlt)
    Call it Book1.xlt

    And save it to your XLStart folder.

    You can read lots more about how excel works with colors at David McRitchie's
    site:
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm