Generate auto increment number from VB form

  1. #1

    Generate auto increment number from VB form

    I am trying to design a simple task management spreadsheet where users can insert new tasks via a VB form.

    What I want to do is have the form auto insert an incremented number (I want to be able to specifiy the first number) into the first cell. This number will be the task ID number.

    Any ideas?

    Here is the code I have so far to insert the new row

  2. #2
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: Generate auto increment number from VB form

    Maybe something like:

    If iRow = 2 then 'first row of data
    ws.Cells(iRow, 1).Value = 1000 'specified start value
    else
    ws.Cells(iRow, 1).Value = ws.Cells(iRow-1, 1).Value
    End If

    Hope this helps
    Rowan

  3. #3
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: Generate auto increment number from VB form

    sorry should read

    If iRow = 2 then 'first row of data
    ws.Cells(iRow, 1).Value = 1000 'specified start value
    else
    ws.Cells(iRow, 1).Value = ws.Cells(iRow-1, 1).Value + 1
    End If

    Regards
    Rowan

  4. #4