Problem with a "if" "then" situation.

  1. #1
    Jon C via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Problem with a "if" "then" situation.

    I'm trying to get a formula for a spreadsheet that shows when a review was
    done for an employee.
    There is a "Main Info" page where the date of the last review is entered into
    a cell.
    There are pages for the months of the year that show when a review is done
    during that month.
    Is there a way that when a date is entered on the "Main Info" page" it only
    shows up on the corresponding month's page? An example, " F4 on "Main Info"
    says 6/3/05. I'm looking to have that date show up only on Jun 05's worksheet
    in the same cell (f4). I sure hope this makes sense.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    This is possible if somewhere on your June 05 sheet you have a cell with the specified month in a date format. e.g. cell A1 could contain 38504 (the value for June 1, 2005) and format as mm/yy to show Jun 05.

    then this formula would work:

    =IF(MONTH(Sheet1!F4)=MONTH(A1),Sheet1!F4,"")

    adjust the name of Sheet1 to meet your needs

    HTH

    Bruce
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  3. #3
    Jon C via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Problem with a "if" "then" situation.

    This did indeed help. Thank you very much for the quick responce.