Filling / Extending serie

  1. #1
    Eric
    Guest

    Filling / Extending serie

    Hello,

    If I want to extend a serie (or copy a column) from A1 to A65536 I have to
    hold the fill handle (bottom right of the cell A1) and drag it from A1 to
    A65536. Is there another way like selecting A1 and then Shift selecting
    A65536 to select the whole column from A1 to A65536 and then pressing
    another key to copy or fill?

    Thank you.

    Eric.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Hello,

    If I want to extend a serie (or copy a column) from A1 to A65536 I have to
    hold the fill handle (bottom right of the cell A1) and drag it from A1 to
    A65536. Is there another way like selecting A1 and then Shift selecting
    A65536 to select the whole column from A1 to A65536 and then pressing
    another key to copy or fill?

    Thank you.

    Eric.
    Select A1, then, while holding the shift key down, press END then the down arrow. Release the shift key, press CTRL+D to fill A1 to the end of the column.

    HTH

    Bruce
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Filling / Extending serie

    After selecting the range use Edit, Fill, Series.

    --
    Jim
    news:O%[email protected]...