Profit & Loss Account Costs shown as a percentage of Sales

  1. #1
    Dritz
    Guest

    Profit & Loss Account Costs shown as a percentage of Sales

    Does anyone know how I can enter a formular into an Excel Spreadsheet so that
    I can show all the costs as a percentage of Sales please

    There must be a way that one can drag the formula down the costs and show
    each cost as a percentage of sales

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Dritz
    Does anyone know how I can enter a formular into an Excel Spreadsheet so that
    I can show all the costs as a percentage of Sales please

    There must be a way that one can drag the formula down the costs and show
    each cost as a percentage of sales
    Hi Dritz

    Assuming Costs to be in column A and total sales to be in B2

    either > =A2/$B$2 and format cell as percentage => 10%

    or > =(A2/$B$2)*100 => 10

    Adjust cell references to suit your data
    Paul

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Profit & Loss Account Costs shown as a percentage of Sales

    If sales amount is in C2 and all the expenses are in column B, starting in
    B2, use the formula

    =B2/$c$2

    and copy it down