Div/0 error

  1. #1
    scott45
    Guest

    Div/0 error

    I get a div/0 in this formula if the sum f7:g7 is blank. I need to have this
    formula to either show blank or zero instead it shows the error. I need it to
    show 0 or blank because at the end of the day I need the totals of the
    column, if there is the error I can not total this column. This formula is
    used to figue chemical weights in water treatment. Thanks Scott
    =if(x16>0,x16*f4)/sum(f7:g7)

  2. #2
    Forum Expert Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    locked in the cage
    MS-Off Ver
    All the ones my homepage shows
    Posts
    3,161
    Try this the "" will display a blank but remove them and enter a 0 and it will display 0
    =if(iserror(a1/b1),"",a1/b1)

    Hope it helps

    Simon

  3. #3
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: Div/0 error

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 05:49:05 -0700, "scott45"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I get a div/0 in this formula if the sum f7:g7 is blank. I need to have this
    >formula to either show blank or zero instead it shows the error. I need it to
    >show 0 or blank because at the end of the day I need the totals of the
    >column, if there is the error I can not total this column. This formula is
    >used to figue chemical weights in water treatment. Thanks Scott
    >=if(x16>0,x16*f4)/sum(f7:g7)

    The method I generally use is to put the formula in an If statement.

    i.e.

    =If(Iserror(your formula),0,yourformula)

    replace zero with "" (two double quotes) if you want a blank.

    Rgds
    __
    Richard Buttrey
    Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
    __________________________

  4. #4
    scott45
    Guest

    Re: Div/0 error

    Thanks but it doesnt seem to work. I keep getting enter too many arguments.

  5. #5
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: Div/0 error

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 07:25:01 -0700, "scott45"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks but it doesnt seem to work. I keep getting enter too many arguments.

    Try

    =IF(ISERROR(IF(X16>0,X16*F4)/SUM(F7:G7)),0,IF(X16>0,X16*F4)/SUM(F7:G7))

    Rgds

    __
    Richard Buttrey
    Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK