Working on Staffing grid

  1. #1

    Working on Staffing grid

    I'm working on a staffing grid to determine the number of staff needed depending on the number of clients.

    Licensed staff = 1:5 ratio
    Assistant = 1:8 ratio

    What is the formula so if I enter the number of clients it gives me two separate values (one for Licenced, 1 for assistant)into two separate cells.

    Simple to do but I'm new to this.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Working on Staffing grid

    Hi!

    It would be just a simple division operation.

    For Licensed staff it would the number of clients divided by 5.
    For Assistant it would the number of clients divided by 8.

    So, if A1 contains the number of clients:

    =A1/5
    =A1/8

    I'm sure that you don't want 2.3 Assistants or 4.6 Licensed staff so you
    probably want to round off to the nearest integer:

    =ROUND(A1/5,0)
    =ROUND(A1/8,0)

    Biff

    "cardingtr" <[email protected]> wrote