DATEIF Name error

  1. #1
    SCOOBYDOO
    Guest

    DATEIF Name error

    Hi, I have to find the difference between two dates, the first (and earlier
    date) is in column C, cells C2 - C5910 and the second is in column H, same
    row references. The dates are in a dd/mm/yyyy format. I have input the
    following in column I - =DATEIF(c2,h2,"d") which I expected to return the
    number of days between the two dates, however, I am getting a "#NAME?" error.
    Can anyone help please?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOOBYDOO
    Hi, I have to find the difference between two dates, the first (and earlier
    date) is in column C, cells C2 - C5910 and the second is in column H, same
    row references. The dates are in a dd/mm/yyyy format. I have input the
    following in column I - =DATEIF(c2,h2,"d") which I expected to return the
    number of days between the two dates, however, I am getting a "#NAME?" error.
    Can anyone help please?

    Thanks
    Hi Scoobydoo

    Try DATEDIF
    Paul

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: DATEIF Name error

    try datedif rather than dateif

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: DATEIF Name error

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:59:10 -0700, SCOOBYDOO
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi, I have to find the difference between two dates, the first (and earlier
    >date) is in column C, cells C2 - C5910 and the second is in column H, same
    >row references. The dates are in a dd/mm/yyyy format. I have input the
    >following in column I - =DATEIF(c2,h2,"d") which I expected to return the
    >number of days between the two dates, however, I am getting a "#NAME?" error.
    >Can anyone help please?
    >
    >Thanks

    The correct name of the worksheet function is DATEDIF.
    ^

    (You left out the second "D").

    But for days between dates, simpler might be

    =H2-C2

    and format as General or Number.

    --ron