Adding Cells

  1. #1
    Kyle Sweeney
    Guest

    Adding Cells

    I have cells that are different colors ( to represent differnt items). If i
    want to make a fomula that added on the cells that were a certian color, how
    would i be able to do that?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Sweeney
    I have cells that are different colors ( to represent differnt items). If i
    want to make a fomula that added on the cells that were a certian color, how
    would i be able to do that?

    Thanks
    Hi Kyle

    Take a look at this, it may help

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld....r.html#summing
    Paul

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Adding Cells

    See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Kyle Sweeney
    Guest

    Re: Adding Cells

    I am sorry but that information confused me more than i was before.....
    the colors i use are yellow, red, green, white and grey
    ex: if i wanted to add how many yellow were in colum 1 how would i do the
    function
    same for red...... green..... white ...... grey

  5. #5
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good morning Kyle

    If the VBA issue confuses you, I have a free add in available that will allow you to identify colours in cells and sum cells by colour - this will avoid the need for you to use VBA and just use simple fomulas. If you would like this, please send me an e-mail.

    HTH

    DominicB
    [email protected]