Deleting Personal.xls macro

  1. #1
    jhahes
    Guest

    Deleting Personal.xls macro

    Can someone please help me. I am stuck with this frustrating macro. Every time I have a workbook open and I go to open another workbook, a warning pops up saying this is read only due to personal.xls.

    I tried to create a personal.xls macro one time, and don't even remember what sheet it is in. I may have already deleted, I don't know. Is there anyway to clear all personal.xls macros so there is none.

    Thanks for any help

    Josh

  2. #2
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Deleting Personal.xls macro

    From Windows Explorer search for all files named Personal.xls. Then delete
    them.

    Mike F
    "jhahes" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rowan
    Guest

    Re: Deleting Personal.xls macro

    Close Excel, use windows explorer to find the file called PERSONAL.xls.
    You can then delete the file or move it out of the XLSTART folder if you
    wanted to be able to recover it.

    Hope this helps
    Rowan