How do I enter cell references in "Equal to" box in solver

  1. #1
    jhelp
    Guest

    How do I enter cell references in "Equal to" box in solver

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How do I enter cell references in "Equal to" box in solver

    You can't

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    "jhelp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Guru
    North America
    MS-Off Ver
    2002/XP and 2007
    Posts
    15,856
    Usually, you can work around this. In a third cell enter the formula =targetcell-referencecell. Then, in Solver, your new target cell is this third cell, and you try to set it equal to a value of 0.

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: How do I enter cell references in "Equal to" box in solver

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    There are a few different ways. Here's one:

    Suppose your target cell is B12 and the cell containing the target
    value is C12. Then, in a third cell, say D12, enter =B12-C12. Now,
    use D12 as the target cell and a target value of zero.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions