How do I calc interest when using multiple dates within a given ye

  1. #1
    MrTaxGuy
    Guest

    How do I calc interest when using multiple dates within a given ye

    I am trying to calculate interest using 2 interest rates in 1 calendar year.
    Example:
    Lets say that from January 1, 2005 through June 30, 2005 the interest rate
    is 5 percent and the interest rate from July 1, 2005 through December 31,
    2005 is 2 percent. How much interest is due on $1000.00 if the accrual date
    starts on 03/01/2005 and is paid on 09/09/2005?
    Currently, I have a formula that will calculate interest for a given year as
    long as the interest rate does not change mid-year.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I calc interest when using multiple dates within a given ye

    response in .programming

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Middletown, CT, USA

    How do I Calculate Interest When Using Multiple......

    Mr TaxGuy
    You have presented a reduced question from a more general topic. However, if this is your question and is based on SIMPLE Interest (no compounding), then the interest charge is:
    1000*(.05+.02)/2 or $35
    I hope this is what you were asking. GeorgeF