Less than numbers issue please help

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Less than numbers issue please help

    I'm trying to do a conditional with some cells that are formatted like so.

    Range("B" & i & ":S" & i).NumberFormat = "0"

    (so that they show up as whole numbers)

    and I'm running the If like so

    If Range("R" & i).Value < "0.5" Then
    color the row

    the problem is that its catching the 0.5's and stuff but for some reason its not catching the 0.0833333 which in my math education is less than 0.5 but for some reason its not registering as less than 0.5. Does anyone know why?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Less than numbers issue please help

    try using the number 0.5 and not a string containing the characters 0 . 5

    If Range("R" & i).Value < 0.5 Then

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    That does the trick, thanks. I knew it would be something easy.