Daily,monthly total

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Daily,monthly total

    Hi,
    I have a database analysed worksheet copied to a new worksheet. Now i need a help. The data is a full month data not always same numbers for rows. In the 'C' colomn shows the amount , i wanted daily total after each date, and at the end monthly total. any code or formula?
    thanks in advance.
    with regards
    nowfal

  2. #2

    Re: Daily,monthly total

    If your data is sorted by that date, then maybe you could use data|subtotal.
    And if you want it subtotaled by month, you could use a helper cell with:

    =text(c2,"yyyymm")

    to get those monthly subtotals when you do data|subtotal the second time.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Hi Dave,
    could you please explain little more. Where do i put that helper cell. is there any example.
    thanks
    nowfal

  4. #4

    Re: Daily,monthly total

    Just insert a new column near the date.

    Then put that formula in the first cell (not counting the header rows). And
    drag it down.