Can I lock the selection in the pivot table?

  1. #1

    Can I lock the selection in the pivot table?

    Hi!

    I have set in my code (vba) for a page field as

    objMyPivotTable.PivotFields("Category").CurrentPage = "Admin"

    I would like this page field to be locked. That is user can not make selection for the Category field any more.

    Is there any way to do that?

    Thanks,

    Aijun.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Can I lock the selection in the pivot table?

    Why not sort the source data on "Category" and build this table only from
    the data with a Category of Admin (You probably will need to insert rows
    between categories and copy the header row to each category.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mariano B.
    Guest

    Re: Can I lock the selection in the pivot table?

    I am also in sort of the same situation. I need to lock teh column and row
    fields from my pivot table. The data in the original table cannot be sorted
    to the variables i need in this table as it is already sorted according to
    some other criteria.

    Any ideas??

    --
    Mariano