Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

How can I fill in a column with the alphabet

  1. #1
    Vincent
    Guest

    How can I fill in a column with the alphabet

    I know there is a way that I can type in a in cell a1,b cell a2, b , cell a3,
    c and then drag to the bottom of the column and it will continue with d,
    e,f, etc but have forgotten.Can somebody please remind me again.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Texas
    Tools - Options - Custom Lists.

    Should be easy from there...
    Barrfly

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How can I fill in a column with the alphabet

    Hi Vincent,
    Use of the fill handle
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm

    I think you will also have to make up a custom list also
    described on the page.
    A, B, C, ...., X, Y, Z, a, b, c, d, ... , x, y, z .

    try filling down if it doesn't work you will need th custom list.
    ---
    HTH,

    "Vincent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I know there is a way that I can type in a in cell a1,b cell a2, b , cell a3,
    > c and then drag to the bottom of the column and it will continue with d,
    > e,f, etc but have forgotten.Can somebody please remind me again.
    > Thanks

Closed Thread