Insert Row before Macro Button

  1. #1

    Insert Row before Macro Button

    How do I create a macro which will allow me to insert a row on top. Eg I have data in C3..H10. Row C11..H11 is blank but cells are formatted (general, currency etc.). I have a macro button on B11, with the following procedure attached to the button;

    Sub InsertLineAbove()
    ActiveCell.Offset(0,0).Range("A1").Select
    Selection.EntireRow.Insert
    ActiveCell.Offset(1,0).Range("A1").Select
    End Sub

    The probelm is when my cursor is on B11 or C11, it works beautifully, but if the cursor is anywhere else and I click on the button (located at B11) then it insert a line at the point where the cursor was. Which is exactly what I don't want.

    Thanks
    Kieranz

    PS Admin, suggestion to help newbies - is it possible to have a guide in pdf which can be downloaded to read at leisure on using the forum etc.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Insert Row before Macro Button

    Are you trying to insert rows above a selected cell, if you are
    take a look at
    Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

    ---
    HTH,

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Insert Row one line above Macro Button

    On click of the button (on B11) I should be able to copy that row (including formulaes, format etc) one line above, irrespective where the cursor may be positioned. That way I can continue to add rows only as I need them.
    Many thks