Text wrap problem when printing labels/textboxes

  1. #1

    Text wrap problem when printing labels/textboxes

    I have a spreadsheet with a label that prints out perfectly for probably 9 of 10 people. However, there are users for which the lable wraps mid word and or truncates on the right hand side of the text. It always looks correct on the screen unless you are looking at the print preview. Any ideas? It does the same for labels or textboxes that have been formatted not to look like textboxes.

  2. #2

    Re: Text wrap problem when printing labels/textboxes

    I don't know of a way of preventing this kind of thing. There are so many
    different printers/drivers out there that it's impossible to test every
    variation.

    My feable attempt was to be conservative. Make the rowheight a little bigger.
    Make the columnwidths a little larger--same with the textboxes.

    Then it may look like you're using a large border for some, but at least all the
    data can be read.

    (And it is a hit and miss operation.)