Line delete automaticaly

  1. #1

    How to delete lines automatically ?

    Hi,

    Is it possible to delete complete lines automaticaly?

    I mean that for example, I want to delete all lines containing a certain word or phrase (not a single cell or a find replace), say all lines that contain the word ''blue'', can this be done or do I have to scroll down the entire worksheet and manually delete the lines?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Simbad; 09-30-2005 at 02:17 PM.

  2. #2
    You can use Autofilter or a macro.

    Macro examples:
    http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/VBACode.htm

  3. #3
    mikeyb
    Guest

    RE: Line delete automaticaly

    Hi Simbad,

    If you go ...Data>Filter>AutoFilter

    Then filter for the rows containing e.g. "blue" and delete these rows.

    Go toggle filter off by... Data>Filter>AutoFilter

    This should work I think,

    Thanks
    Mike