Protection Problem

  1. #1

    Protection Problem

    I have a 3 sheet excel file with protection on all 3 sheets (let's call them A, B and C). These 3 pages have formulas that link to each other. Sheet A has a few checkboxes that link to sheet C. The problem is that when I try to check any of the check boxes on sheet A an error box pops up that says "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read only". Is there a way to protect a sheet while being able to check a box off that is linked to another sheet? What protection options would allow me to do this?

    Thanks in advance.
    Dave

  2. #2

    Re: Protection Problem

    If you unprotect sheetC, then unlock those cells that are linked back to the
    checkboxes on sheetA, then reprotect sheetC, does it work?