A reducing number by given dates

  1. #1

    A reducing number by given dates

    Hi all, basically what im trying to create is a spreadsheet showing how many payments i have left on an item i purchased. Now i pay $100 on this item on every 2nd friday. So my question is, what is a formula that will look at todays date and reconise that it is the second friday when payment is due and reduce a given figure in a cell by $100. For example, Total cost is $1000, payments = $100, payments are due on 07/10/05, 21/10/05, 04/11/05 etc So when the 07/10/05 arrives total cost will = $900, when 21/10/05 arrives total cost will = 800 etc. Obviously when the date is other than specified the total cost dosnt change.

    Hopefully i have made my self clear and somebody can help out with ths dilema

    Many thanks
    James

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: A reducing number by given dates

    See reply posted to same question in .newusers

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: A reducing number by given dates

    Hi, Roger:

    I'm glad I looked at your reply in .newusers ! I didn't read the OP's message
    carefully enough, and thought he meant by "second Friday" that there was one
    payment a month, on the 2nd Friday of the month -- which is a different and
    much more complicated issue!