Way of making an object with a greater number be given a point....

  1. #1

    Way of making an object with a greater number be given a point....

    Hi, I'm trying to produce a Sports League Table on Excel. Is there any way that I can make Excel recognise that when a team scores more goals, they are automatically given a win in the league table? For example, if i have Team A 5 - 0 Team B, how do I make excel give 1 win to team A in the league table? Please help me as i need it for my school work asap. Thanks, it will be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Marvin P. Winterbottom
    Guest

    RE: Way of making an object with a greater number be given a point....

    the =IF formula will do it- =IF(A1>B1,1,0) with team A score in A1 and team
    B score in B1, in the win column for team B, =if(B1>A1,1,0) and if there is a
    tie, neither team will get a 1.

  3. #3

    Thanks..

    Thanks for th IF formula. Although, how would I make it work if, for example i had 10 matches for team A versus team B?

  4. #4
    I've tried adding 2 IF formulas in the same cell, but it doesn't work.. PLEASE help me as i need this for my ICT coursework...thanks in advance